|Version 1 (modified by davea, 4 years ago) (diff)|
Summary of BOF on User issues including Credit
- Client should abort a work unit that has already missed its deadline.
- Granting credits should be uniform across projects.
- Percentile approach to credits (i.e. top 10% more important than the actual number) is a possible way to normalize.
- Current client is rather barebone. It should be possible to add more features, such as chat, announcements, message boards, RSS feeds
- Additional features should be plugins which would be tied (and downloadable from) specific projects.
Uniform connection projects:
- Should be possible to connect to any project in a uniform way with a single click.
- One interface to connect to a BOINC project and an account manager.
- Auto update for clients should be supported, It may be in the form of an alert with instructions to update.